The gas alarm is designed for single station use. Small and compact, the design and color makes it ideal for use in the home, small commercial properties, and recreational vehicles. It is intended to detect leakage of natural gas (methane gas), town gas, and bottled gas (propane gas). The unit is designed for DC wire-in applications. The gas alarm can be mounted high (for methane gas) or low (for propane (LPG) gas). It is equipped with a sturdy metal mounting bracket for quick, easy, and secure installation.
- Detect all sorts of combustible gases, natural gas (methane), bottled gas (propane), LPG (Liquefied petroleum Gas), LNG (Liquefied natural gas), coal gas, including town gas.
- Easy to install, mounting bracket included.
- Loud 75dB alarm and LED warning light.
- High quality durable sensor.
- Self diagnostic function by MCU intelligent software.
- Excellent reliability & High stability.
- Ideal for all kitchens.
3. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Unit Dimensions: 103mm (D) x 55 mm (H)
Color: Ceiling White
Operating Temperature: -10°C to +50°C
Ambient Humidity: ≤95% RH
Alarm Horn: 75dB at 3m (10 feet)
Operating Voltage: DC9-28V
Power Consumption: <2W (Standby), <5W (Alarm)
Value of Detection Threshold (Lower Explosive Limit):
Natural Gas: 5000ppm (10% LEL)
Method of Alarm: Flashing Red LED with 75dB alarm
Warm Up Time: approximately 120 seconds
Alarm Output: Relay Output (Normal Open 2A@DC24V)
4. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
The Gas Alarm is intended to detect leakage of natural gas, town gas and bottled gas. It is intended for installation in the home, small commercial properties, and recreational vehicles.
- Installation shall only be undertaken by technicians holding a certificate issued by an authorized distributor.
- For detecting natural gas (lighter than air), the alarm should be installed within 30 centimeters below the ceiling and the maximum distance away from the furnace or gas appliances is 8 meters.
- For detecting LPG (heavier than air), the alarm should be installed within 30 centimeters above the floor and the maximum distance away from the furnace or gas appliances is 4 meters.
- The alarm should not be located close to any obstacles preventing natural air circulation. It should also not be located in a draft or close to a cooker (cooking smells and other fumes can have a bad influence on gas detection).
- The detector can be connected with Security alarm panel as Figure1. Relay output signal can be changed from Normal Close(NC) to Normal Open(NO) by Jump JP1 on the PCB board.